Looking for my resume? go to my LinkedIn profile
- 2017 PhD in Computer Science. University of Victoria. Canada. Dissertation: ¨Runtime modelling for user-centric smart cyber-physical-human applications¨
- 2012 Magister in Information Technology and Telecommunications Management. Universidad Icesi. Colombia. Thesis: “A Reference Architecture for Component-Based Self-Adaptive Software Systems”
- 2007 Systems (Computer) Engineering. Universidad Icesi – Colombia.
- 2007 Telematics Engineering. Universidad Icesi – Colombia. Undergraduate Degree project (for both degrees): “Electronic wallet micropayment system using RFID technology”.
OTHER ACADEMIC CERTIFICATIONS
- 2008 Certificate in Project Management (PMI) 96 hours. Icesi University. Colombia
- 2013 and 2014 IBM CAS Student Grant
- 2013 UVic Fellowship Grant Award. University of Victoria. Canada.
- 2001 to 2006 Icesi University. Colombia. Dean’s list without merit scholarship
- 2001 Icesi University. Colombia. Scholarship Icesi award (50% grant)
- Spanish (Native)
- English (IELTS 2017. Overall Band Score 8)
SEMINARS AND COURSES
- 2013 to 2017 Presenter at various conferences, workshops, and meetings including CASCON, CSER, SEAMS, Dagstuhl, and IEEE Services, where I often published papers related to my research during my PhD.
- 2005 Participant in the 14th National Congress of students of engineering systems (CNEIS). University of Manizales. Colombia. March
- 2005 Organizer of the VII day online. Icesi University. Colombia. November
- 2006 Participant of the Congress of i2comm – Icesi University. Colombia. September
- 2007 Structured cabling, SIEMON COMPANY course. Colombia. March
- 2007 Seminar: Management of centers of support (service desk). IT SERVICE Ltda. Colombia. March
- Jan 2018 – Present: Postdoctoral Fellow | University of Victoria
Conduct research in topics related to Cyber-Physical-Human Systems, Runtime Models, Self-Adaptive Context-Aware Software Systems, and Smart internet
- Sep 2017 – Present: Sessional instructor (by contract/term) | University of Victoria
Prepare and teach the Human-Computer Interaction and Introduction to Systems Analysis courses
- May 2016 – Present: Software Developer | University of Victoria
Development of the Graduate Attributes Assessment System, a web tool to support the collection and reporting of data for the accreditation process.
- Sep 2012 – Dec 2017: Research Assistant, PhD Student | University of Victoria
Conduct research, collaborate with other teams internal and external to the university, to develop software engineering methods and tools for emerging technologies.
- Jul 2009 – Aug 2012: Faculty Professor. Software Engineering | Icesi University
Prepare and teach courses in the systems (software) engineering program. Mentor students in the development of their graduation projects. Lead the programming club and programming marathons with students.
- Feb 2007 – Jul 2009: Technical Support Coordinator (Operations Office) | Icesi University
Coordinate the operations department. The leader of projects of technical support, such as maintenance and adequacy of the workstations in offices, computer and classrooms. Implement the standardization of the computational resources to facilitate its administration. Implement new technologies of hardware and software at the University.
- May 2005 – Jul 2007: Software Developer (Software Development Office) | Icesi University
Create reports and solutions to problems of information based on management of databases. Programming in Oracle environment. Research for the development of technology projects to enhance the information systems of the University. Develop on the digital library system.